(Approved by AICTE and Affiliated to Anna University, Chennai)
Department of Computer Science and Engineering has started a new course “B.Tech -Artificial Intelligence and Data Science” in the Academic year 2020 – 2021.
In today's modern computer era of Information, ‘Data’ is the new driving force, provided we know how to extract relevant ‘Intelligence’. This course helps to analyze big-data, apply machine learning methodologies to derive meaningful intelligence. It helps to
• Choose appropriate models to represent the information to derive meaningful intelligence
• Examine huge volume of data to reveal hidden patterns and correlations to get new insights and identify new opportunities
The course covers the core principles of Data Science, the process of ethically acquiring, engineering, analyzing, visualizing and ultimately monetizing data. It equips it with the basic tools and techniques of data handling, exploratory data analysis, data visualization and data-based inference.
The course also introduces the fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence – state space representation, search strategies and learning algorithms. The course motivates to work closely with data and make data-driven decisions in the field of study. The course also touches upon the ethical issues in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence and motivates to explore the cutting-edge applications related to Big Data, Neural Networks and Deep Learning.
• Artificial Intelligence (AI) deals with the intelligence demonstrated by machines to design solutions to problems by observing the environmental changes.
• Data Science (DS) deals with the analysis of huge volume of data to reveal hidden patterns and correlations to get new insights.
• One among the most demanding, highest paid job and future scope of IT industry.
• Applications like Alexa/Siri, Erica/Sophia, Tesla’s driverless car, Chatbot etc are becoming common.
• AI powered Robots can take over human life endangering jobs like firefighting, deep sea oil drilling, mining works with high mortality rate etc.
•Acquire the ability to design intelligent solutions to problems in a variety of domains
•Create cutting edge AI Applications
•Have a career with exceptional prospective fields and challenging roles in a futuristic industry
Some of the leading roles that can be chosen for career are:
•Machine Learnign Engineer
•Artificial Intelligence Engineer •Data Analyst •Machine Learning Architect
•Some of the biggest recruiters of AI & DS professionals in India are Fractal Analytics, Deloitte, IBM, Accenture, Amazon, LinkedIn, Citrix, Verizon, SAP Labs, Nvidia, Tech Mahindra, Flipkart, Myntra etc.