Department of Physical Education
To impart health, social interaction, personality development, stress relief, leadership, sense of discipline, fair play, team spirit Kamaraj College of Engineering and Technology, organizes various sport activities from time to time. An Indoor Stadium with the-state-of-the-art infrastructure is constructed at a cost of 5.5.Crores with 31,037 square feet facility with 4 badminton courts laid with synthetic flooring at par with international standard designed to further promote the health and fitness of the students’ community. KCET is an active member of different sports associations. The college teams participate in many local as well as inter university tournaments. Competitions with local clubs and other institutions are frequently organized to encourage vibrant sports culture. Physical Education hour (one hour per week) is made compulsory for all students and yoga training is also offered.
The Sports Infrastructure:
- 1. Cricket Pitch
- 2. Cricket Nets
- 3. Foot Ball Ground
- 4. Hockey Field
- 5. Hand Ball Court
- 6. Volley Ball Court
- 7. Ball badminton courts
- 8. Lawn Tennis Courts
- 9. Kabbadi Court
- 10. Basket Ball Court
- 11. Kho – Kho Ground
- 12. Badminton courts in Hostels
- 13. Track for Athletics
- 1. Table Tennis
- 2. Badminton Courts
- 3. Gyms
- 4. Chess & Carom Board Hall
- 5. Table Tennis Tables
- 6. Fitness and Weight-Training Rooms
- 7. Yoga & Meditation Hall
- • A full time Physical Director, Coach and Supporting Staff, Markers and Sports Advisors are available.
- • Every two years, one of the board members will be elected as Developer of Sports who will oversee the college sports activities under the guidance of the college management.
- • We organize inter and intra-college sports events among the students and select the best among them for the college team to represent the college at inter-university tournaments and also organize faculty sports events annually.
- • Achieved Fifth rank in Anna University Interzone Tournaments in the year 2005-2006.
- • Boys and Girls Yoga team have won Anna University Interzone Yoga competition consecutively three years (2003-2005).
- • Girls Athletic Team won championship consecutively six years in the Anna University 10th Zone Athletic Meet.
- • Achieved Anna University 10th Zone overall Champion Trophy during the year 2009-2010.
- • Produced 42 University Players in various games.
- • Recognized as the sports co-coordinating centre for two years.