Department of Polymer Technology
1. An awarness programme on “Celluloid” was organized by the Polymer Technology Department during 15th October 2014.
2. Prof.P.H.Cheng, Department of Mechanical Engineering, National Taiwan University has visited our campus on 25th November, 2014 for a DRDO Project meet and interacted with faculty members from various departments and discussed the scope of Research topics, Research Fellowship, etc. in Taiwan.
3. A Guest Lecture on “Needs & Importance of Entrepreneurship” was delivered by Mr. K. R. Gnanasekharan, CED, Madurai, for all Third year Polymer Technology and Mechanical Engineering Students on 12.8.2014.
4. Guest lecture on “Injection Molding Flow analysis” was delivered by Mr. Mohammed Ismail, Senior Manager from Sigma Soft, Chennai on 2.09.14.
5. Guest lecture on “Recycling of Polyesters”” on 10th Sep, 2014 was conducted. Mr.K.Sankar, Owner at Lakshmi Plastics Innovations delivered a special lecture.
6. A guest lecture was organized for the benefit of the students on 17.09.2014. Mr. Nihaal Aslam, Manager – R& D from Diagonal CADD, Chennai addressed the students on the topic of Rapid Proto typing 3D printing of Plastics.
7. Mr.TCN Sairam, Head - Technical & Development -Southern Region at Reliance Industries Ltd, delivered a Guest lecture “Emerging Trends in Automotive and Packaging Technology” on 25.9.14.
8. Guest lecture on “New Product Development” was conducted on 31.01.2015 for III year and II year students by G.Venkateswaran, Deputy Manager – Vendor Tooling in Product Cost Control Department, Renault Nissan, Chennai